Committee members are elected at the club’s AGM in July/August.
All committee members must undertake police checks.
In agreeing to be part of the Committee, each member agrees to adhere to the Australian Canoeing Code of Conduct, adopted by the Board, 31 October 2012.
In summary, it is expected that Committee Members will:
- Be diligent and honest in their role;
- Attend Committtee meetings or forward their apology prior to the meeting;
- Always consider the welfare of the Club’s members;
- Comply with fiduciary responsibilities and make decisions based on what is best for the Club, not for individual interest or gain;
- Not take advantage of their position on the Committee in any way;
- Be open to feedback from members and respond appropriately;
- Act as a positive role model with respect to good sporting behaviour;
- Refrain from smoking and excessive use of alcohol at the Club;
- Adhere to the policies and procedures established by the Club;
- Adhere to the legislative requirements of the Club;
- Look for opportunities for improved performance of the Club operations and Committee functions;
- Represent the Club in a professional manner;
- Not speak to the media about any aspect of the Club that could damage the Club or its reputation.
Meetings are held every second Wednesday of each month unless an alternative date is arranged.